In this blog, I will show step by step how to create Database and Table to SQL Server. explain how its work and why we need to do this. Lets Go..
I. Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications which may run either on the same computer or on another computer across a network.
To download MS SQL Server, click Here
A database is an organized collection of data, generally stored and accessed electronically from a computer system. Where databases are more complex they are often developed using formal design and modeling techniques.
III. Database Table
A table is a collection of related data held in a table format within a database. It consists of columns and rows. In relational databases, and flat file databases, a table is a set of data elements using a model of vertical columns and horizontal rows, the cell being the unit where a row and column intersect.
- Microsoft SQL Server
Download and Install SQL Server Management Studio to proceed with this tutorial.
V. Connect SQL Server
First connect the server, I’ll use my local DB and use windows Authentication. then Connect.
This is the view after connect is suceed.
VI. Create Database
- look, currently this is my database, but we don’t use that. as what I said. We need to create Database and table in database.
- Right click the Databases, and click New Database.
- For the sick of the tutorial, I name this database as DB_Table_Tutorial. and click Ok to save the database.
- Now we have Database. so let proceed to Table.
VII. Create Table in Database.
- Open Database name and right click Tables and click Table to create Database table.
- fill out or list out all columns, in this tutorial I fill out id as primary key, username and password for user credentials. and name, age, email for other information of users. while we have TDT and UDT. TDT means Transaction Date Time or mostly used to when data created. UDT mean Update Date Time, used to indicate when data lastly updated.
- To set id as Auto Increment, see below settings and set identity specification (Is Identity) as 1 or Yes.
- to Save the Table. CTRL + S and for this tutorial I name this table as users. then OK.
- now we have users table.
VIII. View data in table
- Right click, users table and Click Select Top 1000 Rows to See TOP 1000 rows.
- currently users table have one row of data. this is for sample purpose only.
In this article, we learn how to rebase current branch into main/dev branch in Visual Studio using git. I will […]
In this article, We learn how to Import SQL Database in SSMS in Local Machine. I will show how to […]